Encourage her to drink water or clear fluids. Withhold solid foods for a couple of hours, especially if she is throwing up. After a few hours, try to get her to eat a little bit of mild food that won’t upset her stomach, like crackers, dry toast, applesauce, or plain rice.
What can I do for a child’s upset stomach?
Home treatment for tummy aches
- Have your child lie down and rest.
- Place a warm compress or heating pad on their stomach.
- Gently massage your child’s belly, which can help with gas and indigestion.
- Give small sips of water.
- Check with your doctor before giving any over-the-counter medication.
1 окт. 2019 г.
What medicine can a child take for an upset stomach?
Children’s Pepto – a calcium carbonate antacid to help relieve heartburn in children (2y) Emetrol for Nausea – may help nausea in children (2y) Dramamine Chewable Formula – prevents motion sickness in children (2y) Fiber Choice Sugar-Free Fiber Supplement – chewable, fruit-flavored fiber supplements for children (6y)
What home remedy is good for a child’s upset stomach and vomiting?
Some of the most popular home remedies for an upset stomach and indigestion include:
- Drinking water. …
- Avoiding lying down. …
- Ginger. …
- Mint. …
- Taking a warm bath or using a heating bag. …
- BRAT diet. …
- Avoiding smoking and drinking alcohol. …
- Avoiding difficult-to-digest foods.
Can I give my kid Pepto Bismol?
Regular Pepto-Bismol and Kaopectate, containing bismuth subsalicylate, are approved for kids 12 and older.
How do you get rid of a stomach ache in 5 minutes?
Applying a heating pad, hot water bottle, hot towel, or heat wrap over the abdomen and back helps relax the muscles in the abdomen and relieve abdominal cramps and pain. The temperature should ideally be 104° Fahrenheit. Taking a hot bath with bubbles and essential oils or hot showers can also help.
Why does my child keep complaining of stomach pain?
Stomach pain in kids can be caused by a variety of common reasons such as eating too much, needing to go to the bathroom, or anxiety or worry about an upcoming event. However, if your child complains of stomach pain frequently, it can be difficult to know the best ways to help and when to call the doctor.
What food makes your stomach feel better?
The 12 Best Foods for an Upset Stomach
- Ginger Can Relieve Nausea and Vomiting. …
- Chamomile May Reduce Vomiting and Soothe Intestinal Discomfort. …
- Peppermint May Relieve Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. …
- Licorice Can Reduce Indigestion and May Help Prevent Stomach Ulcers. …
- Flaxseed Relieves Constipation and Stomach Pain.
What helps a child stop vomiting?
How is vomiting treated at home?
- Stomach rest. Keep your child from eating or drinking for 30 to 60 minutes after vomiting. …
- Replacing fluids. Dehydration can be a problem when your child is vomiting. …
- Solid food. If your child is hungry and asking for food, try giving small amounts of a bland food. …
How much Pepto-Bismol can you give a child?
For children 2 to 4 years of age, the recommended dose is 1 teaspoon (5 mL). The recommended dose can be given every 30 minutes to a maximum of 8 doses in 24 hours for the regular-strength liquid, and 4 doses in 24 hours for the extra-strength liquid.
Can 2 year old take Pepto-Bismol?
Products to relieve diarrhea, such as Pepto-Bismol and Kaopectate, contain bismuth, magnesium, or aluminum, which can be harmful to infants and toddlers because they can quickly accumulate in young children’s bodies.
How much Pepto can a child take?
do not take more than 3 tablets (ages 2-5) or 6 tablets (ages 6-11) in a 24-hour period, or use the maximum dosage for more than two weeks, except under the advice and supervision of a doctor.
|under 24||under 2 yrs||ask a doctor|
|24-47||2-5 yrs||1 tablet|
|48-95||6-11 yrs||2 tablets|